Sunday, March 15, 2009

going to the grocery store with no appetite

is just as bad as going hungry.  it's a waste of time.

wandering up and down each aisle, dismissing all foods as "not appetizing."

i went to do my week's grocery shopping and came back with triscuits, cheese, 3 apples, instant breakfast and a 12 pack of coke.  wow, that can really sustain a person.

this means more trips to the grocery are in store for me this week.  i'm making more of an effort to try and cook food lately, and keep things around that i can cook.  not working late all of the time helps.  when you get home from work at 8 every night, the last thing you want to do is spend 45 minutes cooking before you even begin to eat.  now i'm usually home by 7, and it isn't as much of a chore.  

cleaning up after cooking still is.  i can't wait to live someplace with a better kitchen, and maybe a working dishwasher. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What may help is cooking for the whole week at once. For instance, Sunday night I cut up my favorite vegetables for the week. That way I don't have to worry about peeling/cleaning/chopping again until next week AND I have almost no reason to NOT take a salad for lunch!

Same thing can be done for dinners. Unless you have an aversion for reheated left overs, I know some people are not fans for some reason. I, however, prefer reheated mac and cheese to regular mac and cheese! hehe

Also, making your own meals is cheaper than eating out. :-)

Elaine said...

ooh, you def need more food than that! ive gone without an appetite though and i still get TOO much.

i dread food shopping. but i love eating my own food.