Wednesday, November 4, 2009

weird things you thought when you were little

a drive in was just mentioned on the TV show i'm watching, and it made me think back to the drive in in sarasota, FL where i grew up. for some reason i thought i owned the drive in. i will never have an answer as to why i thought i owned the drive in. every time we drove by it i would think to myself, "i own that." what on earth could have ever happened to make a little girl think she owned a movie theater. one of life's great unanswerable questions.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had a church in Pittsburgh. I never attended a service there nor has anyone from my family. Every time we drove past it when I was little I told everyone it was "my" church. To this day, when I pass it I still think of it as "my" church, although I don't announce to the other passengers.

I can't explain it either, but I do understand!