Thursday, May 8, 2008

Laundymat

Laundymat
I'm at the laundrymat in the middle of the night. I'm dead tired. I
just worked a 15 hour day and the last thing I wanted to do was
laundry at 2am. But this is what you do when you haven't had a single
night that you left before midnight this week and you used your Sunday
to go to six flags.

My mom gets here tomorrow so obviously I had to have clean sheets and
towels for her and I was out of clothes anyway. I've had to work late
a) because I'm that busy and b) because I'm taking two half days and
one whole day to spend with her while she's here. If she weren't here,
I'd be doing just 12 hour days and then working this weekend.

I would like to pause a moment and thank leslie for cleaning the
bathroom. One less thing for me to do tonight. As it is my mom will be
dealing with the disaster zone that is my room.

I was talking to my boss tonight and she was asking if they could call
me with questions the next couple days if they needed to and then
added, "you should bring your mom to see the office. Don't worry we
won't make you work when you get here."

Part of my stress is that one on my people is taking a 2 week vacation
to Europe and I have had to figure out how to handle some of the
projects she's on while she's gone. (what I wouldnt give for a 2 week
vacation.)

Anyway, I can't wait to go home and crawl into bed until 5 when I have
to get up to go in to work to finish some things before going in for a
plan check appointment at 10:30. After that- pick up my mom and play
the next couple days by ear.

Btw- six flags was completely worth it. It turns out I love roller
coasters. I do not however, like a ride called gear house grinder. I
puked and went blind for a full 7 minutes after riding it. My favorite
is Tatsu- you hang from your stomach and are positioned like you're
flying. (Ps tatsu means standing in Japanese.) The lines were pretty
short everywhere so we were able to ride almost everything. We did
tatsu twice because its that awesome. Now I want to to back when X2 is
open. I can't believe that I like roller coasters so much. I wonder
what good ones I've missed at other amusement parks?

So now my wash is finished and I just have an hour for everything to
go in the dryer then its sleep, sweet sleep for 2 hours. That's really
sad.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

I love six flags. everytime I have gone, it has not been a disappointment. I can't believe you got so ill after the ride..that would have made me want to leave.

btw, your job sounds insanely stressful. and it doesn't sound like its getting any better. I hope things turn around...


ps: have fun with your mom :) you need the break.