Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I ain't got no cancer.

My brain is singing that while all the cells in my body are dancing in a conga line. The grammatically correct verson of that sentence doesn't have the right cadence for a conga line.



As some of you know, I had biopsies taken last Tuesday, and it has been a long, painful, stressful week of waiting. Finally today I could call for the results, and I'm good. I have to go in Tuesday to "have some work done." as I'm calling it. They're going to freeze off the abnormal cells and I should be good to go. I'm taking the day off work. I might treat myself to a pedicure or something after its over.



But now I have to catch up at work. I've been so stressed that I've let a lot slide, and I'm going to pay the price now. I can't say, "oh, well I haven't gotten to that yet. Remember, its from when I was worried I had cancer." It was nice to have President's Day off, but I swear it just made me further behind. Deadlines didn't change, its just one less day to get the work done.



The truly weird thing is, I'm still not destressed. I'm still just as tense and nervous as I was this morning, and I could cry at the drop of a hat. When I've been keyed up for this long, it takes awhile before my brain and body adjust. Maybe by this weekend I'll feel caught up, and I'll be able to fully relax from everything. We'll see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What you're feeling is normal. And LOL at the first line. It's like that ep of the office where kevin is waiting for his skin cancer test results

Unknown said...

im actually envisioning your cells doing a little conga line, doing a little line limbo under a stick and dancing to the macarena.