Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Its funny-

Yesterday I was so ambivalent towards voting. I didn't really care about the two candidates. I was only going to vote for the propositions. I was thinking all day at work today, and I really settled on a candidate, and I was anxious to leave work and go cast my ballot. Now that I'm home, and checking the news sites every 2 minutes to see the results come in, I realize how much I do care. I would not be able to live with myself right now had I not voted.

And I realized how much I really do back my candidate. As I check the returns, I'm upset when this person hasn't won, and very excited whey they have. Its not that I think there's anything wrong with the other candidate, I just think this person is the better choice.

(I did for 2 seconds contemplate voting for Kucinich while I was in there. His name is still on the ballot, and I would have loved to just make that statement that he's really my man.)

No comments: