- Become genuinely interested in other people.
- Remember that a man's Name is to him the sweetest and most important sound in any language.
- Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves.
- Talk in the terms of the other man's interest.
- Make the other person feel important and do it sincerely.
yesterday we had training with the dale carnegie people and we were handed a little booklet of dale carnegie's golden rules. i saw the above and thought, "this reminds me of _______."
except for #1. i don't think he's mastered #1 yet, so i've always thought he was extremely fake.
which leads me to say, the above practices, in this person specifically, have only inspired me to say, "i want to get to know him better so i can find out what he's really like. he can't possibly be this person all the time."
that's probably not what dale had in mind when he came up with this training.