Saturday, January 12, 2008

I guess I needed sleep-

All week at work they've been trying to send me home, telling me to take it easy. My response has been, "I feel fine. I just can't breathe. What's the difference between me not being able to breathe here, and me not being able to breathe at home? Here I'm at least catching up on stuff, because the bottleneck I'm creating with work is getting out of control."

Today I woke up early (7AM) because I guess I got used to getting up early all this week. Was back in bed at 8:45. Then I slept til 11:45. Then I managed to stay awake til 1:30, and fell asleep again til 5. I must have been really wiped out. Yesterday's migraine couldn't have helped.* I said yesterday that I am not going into work this weekend (there's so much I could do, especially with no on in the office to bother me) and I'm going to stick to it. I'm going to stay home, rest as much as I want. Sleep as much as I want. Watch the Tudors. Maybe do laundry if I feel like it.

I've been holed up in my room with the humidifier running. My lungs feel like the Sahara from the inhaler, so I'm hoping the misty air helps slightly. I can curl up in bed and watch TV and DVDs on my computer, and fall asleep at my leisure. I should know- its how I spent 8 days straight after getting back from Texas.

*That brings me to another subject- how I'm really not happy with my new health insurance so far. Old insurance- Imitrex = $30/month. New insurance Imitrex= $86. I don't know if there was some sort of deductible I had to meet or something, but that's not going to make me happy if its actually $56 more a month. I can't wait to see how much my other two monthly meds are. Considering my monthly premium also went up $30 a month, we really got the raw end of the deal on this. I feel like I didn't get a raise along with my promotion. I feel bad for the people who actually didn't get raises.

2 comments:

hokgardner said...

Oh what I would give to be able to hole up in my room for a weekend of sleeping and reading and watching movies. Sigh. I guess those days are long gone.

Hope you're feeling better.

Elaine said...

whoa! my account still had me signed into this thing from a year ago.

yes, keep getting sleep. You must have felt miserabke with that damned migraine. I sympathize. *hug*

And that is quite the hike from 30 a month. If it makes you feel any better, I pay 600 dollars for only three months. I wish it would get better too.